Geelong small business ATO August deadline calendar
Owning a Geelong small business means a frantic lifestyle with many bills and deadlines. Here is Next Level Accountant’s August deadline guide for all things PAYG, superannuation and tax:
14th August 2018
PAYG payment summary statement to be lodged for the following entities for the 2017/ 2018 financial year:
- large businesses that have a total annual PAYG withholding more than $1million.
- small and medium businesses who haven’t engaged with a tax accountant.
Payment summary types that may need to be reported:
- PAYG payment summary - foreign employment
- PAYG payment summary - individual non-business
- PAYG payment summary - superannuation lump sum
- PAYG payment summary - business and personal services income
- PAYG payment summary - superannuation income stream
- PAYG payment summary - employment termination payment
Geelong small and medium businesses who have engaged a tax accountant to prepare their PAYG reports have a lodge extension to 30 Sep 2018. Please check with your Geelong tax professional which option may apply to you.
Tuesday 14th August is the due date for superannuation funds and retirement savings account (RSA) providers to report Departing Australia superannuation payments (DASPs) made during the 2017/2018 financial year, if the payers are also required to lodge the PAYG payment summary statement as stated above.
However, the superannuation funds and RSA providers that are not required to lodge the PAYG payment summary statement must report DASPs in a separate annual report to the Australian Tax Office by Wednesday, 31st October 2018.
21st August 2018
Business Activity Statements
Business activity statements for the month of July 2018 are due including GST and PAYG for July 2018.
25th August 2018
Business Activity Statements
Due date to lodge and pay quarterly activity statements for the June 2018 quarter (if lodged electronically by a tax accountant).
Tax obligations that may be relevant include:
- GST, wine equalisation tax and luxury car tax for the June 2018 quarter.
- PAYG withholding:
- for June 2018 (medium businesses).
- for the June 2018 quarter (small businesses).
- for the year ended 30 June 2018, from ESS amounts where the employee didn’t quote a TFN or ABN.
- for the year ended 30 June 2018 by investment bodies, from accrued gains on deferred interest securities where the investor did not quote a TFN.
- PAYG instalment for the June 2018 quarter for quarterly PAYG instalment payers (4th quarter of the 2017/18 income year).
- FBT instalment for the June 2018 quarter (1st quarter of the 2019 FBT year).
The due date to lodge and pay is 28 Jul 2018 if lodged on paper
- Taxable payments annual report (TPAR) for businesses in the building and construction industry are due for lodgement.
Please note: These dates may change and these details are only a guide.
For all details, contact the ATO or your Geelong Accountants.
Dates that fall on a weekend or public holiday allow next business day as deadline.